Monday, November 15, 2010

MY CRINOLINE TYPE LADY IN SILK RIBBON EMBROIDERY WALL HANGING


The background is white pure silk.  All the work on it is by hand - silk ribbon embroidery.  I had a very old vintage transfer pattern that I used.  It was all in cross stitch and I chose to make silk ribbon flowers instead.  I appliqued the burgundy silk skirt and bodice and her bonnet and used wide silk ribbon for the ruffles on them.  The wall hanging is 28" long and 25" wide plus white silk border.   I have hopes of finding an old oval picture frame with a curved glass to put it in someday.   But that large size is hard to find.  It took me about a year to make this, but of course it was just pick up work when I had time to work on it.  I really enjoyed making it.  

Carol

2 comments:

Thelma said...

Absolutely beautiful Carol!

Amy said...

Beautiful!